5 Surprising Facts That Show Direct Mail Still Generates the Highest Return on Investment.
In a previous blog, Direct Mail Marketing, we mentioned that direct mail generates the best inbound leads. We’ve explained how cost effective it is and how it allows you to interact with potential buyers or clients when their interest is at it’s peak. Now, let’s discuss FACTS because numbers don’t lie and these 5 Surprising Direct Mail Facts just might shock you!
- Did you know that 40% of consumers try a new business after receiving direct mail? FORTY PERCENT. Think about it, if you receive a postcard informing you of a new restaurant in your neighborhood offering 10% off, odds are you’ll at least think about giving it a try the next time you go out for dinner.
- Over 70% of Americans say that they believe direct mail to be more personal than email. It’s easy to send blast emails and reach the masses but it takes a little more effort to find someone’s address and send them a direct mail piece. This is even more true when the piece is customized to that specific recipient. The more specific your offer is to the prospects needs, the more likely they will respond to it. This is why utilizing PURL’s (Personalized URL’s) can greatly improve your ability to convert targeted prospects. Call Overflowworks to learn more about including PURL’s into your next mail piece.
- Consumers spend an average of 30 minutes reading their mail on any given occasion, which gives direct mail a DRASTIC advantage over digital advertising. The average person spends less than 1 minute reading an email. There’s an obvious benefit to your marketing offer being present when you have your ideal prospects attention.
- Direct mail advertising on average gives a 13 to 1 return on investment according to the Direct Marketing Association.
- This last fact might be THE MOST SURPRISING one of all – Millennials are actually the most responsive to direct mail advertising! And with millennials entering the age where they are purchasing cars of their own and investing in their first homes, what better way to catch their attention than with a helpful and informative offer through direct mail.
For more information on the services we offer visit www.overflowworks.comSources: